SHOULD I CONSIDER A CLOUD SERVER FOR MY BUSINESS?
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing uses the internet to provide shared resources such as servers, disk space, firewalls, backup systems, software and software installation and support. These resources, which used to require physical on-site assets, are now provided to users to their business workstation, laptop, tablet, or device “on-demand” via the internet. It’s a new way of thinking about computing services – as a utility like electricity or water that can be turned on and off on an as-needed basis. Some examples of web-based applications you may have heard about are Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, and Salesforce CRM. They all use cloud servers to store the data you create and manage with these applications.
Why are Small Business Owners Moving to Cloud Servers?
- The cost of buying, installing, and maintaining an on-site computer network can be reduced – sometimes dramatically.
- They can gain greater flexibility in the ways employees access computer networks to use files, applications, and software. This can be a big advantage for companies that have sales forces that don’t always work from the office.
- You may be able to save money by buying less-expensive devices and hardware. Because the computing power is in the cloud and not on the individual workstation, you can still get the full functionality you need and often extra longevity.
- There are fewer costs associated with upgrading or expanding your network to accommodate new or seasonal employees.
- Expanding your network won’t necessarily mean adding more IT staff.
Factors To Consider When Deciding Between On-Site and Cloud Servers
- Types of applications and software your team uses
- Whether you have remote workstations or devices and how they retrieve data
- Database storage and the ability to scale your business
- The strength and reliability of your internet connection at the office or remote locations
Cloud-based data storage is appropriate for some small businesses, while others will find it more cost-effective to maintain an on-site server. We can help you decide with our “Cloud Readiness Assessment.”
The Cloud Server Transition with Pros 4 Technology
Migrating your company data to cloud computing can be a big undertaking. Pros 4 Technology will guide you through every step of the process:
- We help you choose which cloud computing services are right for your company. We find the cloud applications and systems that fit your business so you don’t pay for something you don’t need.
- We establish your cloud accounts, guiding you through the process so you know it will be done right the first time.
- We execute a proactive plan for your data migration, with the goal of zero down-time and loss of productivity for your employees.
Not All Cloud Server Providers Are Created Equal.
Don’t sign a contract for cloud storage without talking to a trusted expert. Pros 4 Technology can help you first determine if a cloud server is needed and will provide a good return on your investment. If a cloud server solution is right for you, we will help you identify the best provider option to fit your budget, and will make sure your cloud server is set it up for optimal performance and accessibility by your employees. Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Network Storage and Accessibility Needs!
“I can rely on Pros 4 Technology’s expertise and put a high level of confidence in their abilities and customer service.” -Mark J. Miller, CPA Financial Services
“The Pros 4 Technology team is very accessible, and a joy to work with.” -Gwen Weber, Director of Operations, Boys & Girls Clubs of Sheboygan County
“Pros 4 Technology… addressed emergency issues, security issues and hardware issues, all with complete efficiency, expertise, and professionalism.” -Wendy Varish, Chiropractor, Howards Grove Chiropractic
A Business Owner’s Guide to Finding An
Honest, Competent and Responsive Computer Consultant
Choosing the wrong computer consultant to support your network can be incredibly frustrating, not to mention expensive! If you have questions about how to hire an honest, competent and responsive computer consultant – then this book is a must-read. Our best customers are well-informed, so we’re providing this informative guide FREE.